Google

Recent Posts

 

Feeds & Counters

Subscribe with Bloglines

Fellow Crafters
since 9/28/06

 

Blast from the Past - Hubby's First Afghan


This is the first afghan I made for my husband (way back in the days when he was my boyfriend :-) ). The colors are for Penn State and use a navy Red Heart and one of the Red Heart Heathers for the white. I used an H-hook and a star stitch. This blanket took roughly forever. The white squares are softer than the blue, due to the yarn series. The color not being used is carried underneath the stitches throughout the blanket, so this is really thick and warm. I got the pattern from Afghans for All Seasons (which I highly recommend).

My husband and I loved this afghan so much that I modified the pattern to make a roughly 1/2 sized scale afghan for our daughter - same colors and the works, just kid sized for Daddy/Daughter football Saturdays! I'll post pictures of those when I can.

Labels:

posted by Anonymous on Friday, October 21, 2005 @ 10:51 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

That's a really nice afghan!
I live in VA, too. 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home