Google

DCX, Redux

This is the second dishcloth I ever crocheted.

I thought about what I liked in dishcloths. I like them to be thick and I like them to be "texture-y". So I just took my hook and my yarn and started crocheting. I really like the finished effect!

Materials used: Peaches n' Cream cotton (less than one ball); H/8 hook

Chain 26.

Row 1: DC in 3rd chain from hook (skipped 2 ch count as first dc) and every chain across (25 dc).

BAND ONE
Row 2: Chain 2, turn. FPDC in 2nd stitch from hook and next 3 stitches; *BPDC in next 5 stitches; FPDC in next 5 stitches*; repeat from * to * once. (25 dc)
Row 3: Chain 2, turn. BPDC in 2nd stitch from hook and next 3 stitches; *FPDC in next 5 stitches; BPDC in next 5 stitches*; repeat from * to * once. (25 dc)
Row 4, 6: Repeat Row 2
Row 5: Repeat Row 3

BAND TWO
Row 7, 9, 11: Repeat Row 2
Row 8, 10: Repeat Row 3

Rows 12-26: Repeat Band One and Band Two, then Band One again
Row 27: Chain one, turn. SC in each stitch across (25 sc). DO NOT FINISH OFF

EDGING
Round 1: Chain one, turn. SC in same stitch. *^"K-Stitch" (below) across to next corner.^ 3 sc in stitch.* Repeat from * to * twice, then ^ to ^ once more. SC in first space () and then slip stitch to first stitch.
Round 2: Repeat Round one to (). Chain 10 for loop and then slip stitch to first stitch.
Finish off.

Stitches uses: chain (ch), single crochet (SC), double crochet (DC), Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC), Back Post Double Crochet (BPDC), "K-stitch" [insert hook in SAME stitch, pull up loop (2 loops on hook); insert hook in NEXT stitch, pull up loop (3 loops on hook); YO and pull through all 3 loops on hook]. (c) 2006

I'm sure there is another name for what I call the "K-stitch", but I don't know it. So I like K-stitch :-)

Labels: ,

posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 @ 6:56 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

It's called a waffle stitch and it can be found in any afghan square book including Big Book of Dishcloths, 99 patterns. Sorry sweetie, not too original. 7:23 PM  

Blogger Norma said...

I think that is a great-looking dishcloth! Thank you for the pattern. I'm going to give it a try once I get this WIP finished. Nice work all around. Nice blog! 8:59 PM  

Blogger Norma said...

P.S., Kate, do you know the Michelle who commented above?
'cause her comment comes off sounding kinda rude...didn't know if she is a friend of yours and just kidding around? I was a bit offended on your behalf! I don't think you claimed to have invented it or named it at all...? Oh well. 9:02 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, it's an original pattern - I never claimed it was innovative! :-)

It's my first written out pattern, too, so I'm kind of proud of that :-) 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home