Google

Blast from the Past - Wedding Afghan



Another one from Afghans for All Seasons (seriously, buy it!), this one called Lavender Dream or something like that.

<-- Full view; not quite queen sized ;-)






I liked it better than the afghan officially considered "Bridal", and in white it still has a very delicate lacy look.



<--Edging detail

It's Ã1⁄4ber-soft, too, made with Caron Simply Soft. It worked up a lot quicker than I had projected, taking somewhere around 15 hours (and no more than 20), meaning I finished a good 6 months early.

I liked this afghan so much that I've made it since for another wedding present.

I also modified its size to roughly 2/3 the original size and made it in a soft green for my daughter (I started the day I found out I was pregnant; my husband had long said it would make a beautiful baby blanket!). It was wonderful, because it was easy for her to breathe under when nursing or in a carrier, but warm and cuddly.

Labels:

posted by Anonymous on Saturday, October 22, 2005 @ 11:03 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home