Google

Blast From the Past - Hubby's Second Afghan


Thrilled with the first afghan I made him, my husband (then boyfriend) asked me to make him another afghan for his (now our) family room. He poured through my afghan books, and even checked out ones at the store, and decided on this one called (I believe) Idyllic from Afghans for All Seasons, Book 3. (I really love this book. It's by Leisure Arts. Get it!)

He picked out the colors and yarn (the dark brown is a Red Heart Super Saver, the tan is Caron Simply Soft); in the book the afghan is pictured in light and dark purple with the contrast reversed (that is, the popcorn design is in the darker color). He bought me an extra hook to keep the project at the house. During the year + that it took to make the afghan, we got married and got pregnant.


Pattern Detail -- >

I worked secretly on this project (which he had thought I had abandoned to "nest") while he was at work, and also designed a pillow cover (of which I made 2) to go with it. The pillow garnered me a 3rd place ribbon at the Chesterfield County Fair. Needles to say, he was very surprised, and happy (and a little sheepish that he had thought I was just sitting around at home, being pregnant and doing nothing!).

<-- The back of the afghan has a subtle pattern

The afghan is worked with a (sc, ch) repeat, which gives it the "V" pattern within the rows.

While I think the afghan turned out nicely, I won't be in a rush to do this one again!

Labels:

posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 @ 1:06 PM

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

That is truely beautiful!!!! 5:56 PM  

Blogger Deb said...

Your afghan is gorgeous!!! 7:34 PM  

Blogger Robin said...

That is a beautiful afghan! What a nice surprise for your hubby!

Congratulations on your expected bundle of joy :)


CrochetAddicted74 11:47 PM  

Blogger Norma said...

Very beautiful work all around. All the photos are very impressive! 6:04 PM  

Blogger Karen said...

wow its awesome 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home