Google

The Crochet Workout (or Sweating to the Stitches)

I discovered something this week that has had a profound impact on my ongoing health...

I can crochet while I ride my stationary bike.

This is amazing! My two biggest beefs about working out at home were (1) it's boring boring boring and (2) I keep thinking of all of the other things I could be doing around the house (including crocheting).

The boring aspect made it a real chore to make it 30 minutes on the bike, but now I can go much longer (in fact it is now just tiredness that makes me stop). I'm on day four of Crochet N' Ride, and the past two days I have gone for over an hour each day!

There are some drawbacks:
  • I have to work on something relatively small. I have found squares for my afghan work, but for the first few days I was finishing up a nifty accessory that shall remain (for the time being) nameless for the C'ville Accessory Swap.
  • The sweat running down my elbow concerns me. This, however, is why God invented towels and fans.
  • When I multi-task, each task suffers a little. I crochet slower. I bike slower. BUT... I crochet more in an hour of Stitch&Spin than 1/2 hour just crocheting, and I bike more in a shared hour than a half hour alone, so there is a net gain of crocheting and biking. And the biking isn't unbearably boring!

I always knew there was a way to use my crochet for good and not evil >B^)

posted by Anonymous on Thursday, June 08, 2006 @ 11:20 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

That would so work for me too! All I need now is a stationary bike..I don't think it'll be very safe to do it on my normal bike o_o lol 11:38 AM  

Blogger Yammy said...

What a great idea, I must try this! 3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home