Google

Doily Swap Received!


This is the absolute stunning doily I received from Lavelle26 (aka Anna) in the Crochetville Doily Swap. This picture does absolutely no justice to the gorgeousness that is this doily. You can tell it is a beautiful doily. But what you can't see is each of the intricate details - spiraling center, crossing arches, and spiral spans. You can't feel how softly it drapes and the body it has. You can't tell how perfect the color is or how the thread's sheen catches the light just so.

This was my first exposure to a Patricia Kristofferson doily design. I now own two of her books! I was enjoying making doilies, but now I am hooked (no pun intended)(but now that I note it, yes, pun intended).

Let me tell you a little about how special this doily is: First, Anna interviewed me, because she wanted to make sure she picked a doily that would go so well with my house I couldn't help but display it. She looked through pattern books and says this one said "Make me for Katherine! I'm the doily for her!" (very smart doily pattern, that one). Then, she crafted the most exquisite doily I have ever seen. It is in my living room, and sometimes, when I'm walking into the room unprepared, it catches me again with it's startling beauty and I have to take it all in again.

Also, Anna was just a pleasure to exchange emails. Hooray for swaps, Crochetville, and new friends.

And here is a plug for Anna's site (so you can see what awesome work she does - Lullabies & Lace

Thank you, Lavelle26 (Anna)!!!

Labels: , ,

posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 @ 12:26 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I am so glad you like your doily. Makes me proud. I love hearing those patterns correctly. :) 10:29 AM  

Blogger ♥.•*Carol T*•.♥ said...

Your doily is very beautiful!!
Have A Lovely Day,
Carol 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home