Google

My First Doily

This pattern is called Hospitality. Pineapples are a symbol of Southern Hospitality, so all of the pineapples in this pattern make the doily live up to the name!

This was my first doily ever. It's pretty darn big. I'd guess about 27". I used DMC Baroque thread in size 10, and it sat balled up for nearly a month before I got up the guts and determination to block it. What a difference 100 rust free pins, water, spray starch and a starch board makes!

I actually entered in the Chesterfield County Fair, and it won a blue ribbon - yay!

Labels:

posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 @ 11:35 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

WOW! That's your first????? Awesome! 11:09 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...

I've had a lot of questions about this pattern - at the fair, on Crochetville, in person - but I couldn't find my pattern book!

I am still at a loss for the book, but have found the source. It's a Leisure Arts book called Treasured Doilies, and it's right on the cover! It's a small leaflet; it cost me just $3.50. Here's the link for the webpage at LeisureArts.com. 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home