Google

October Doily Set

I know what you're thinking... orange doilies? That's what the lady wanted!

The lady in question is my dear mother-in-law, who goes all out when she decorates. Fall is for scarecrows and pumpkins. And, now, orange doilies. I made her four. Why only three pictured? The fourth is of my own design and I am still in pattern testing.

All four are made with Royale size 10 thread - the only one I could find that was the "pumpkin" orange Nana wanted.

The first doily is called Normandy Doily. This is a doily that really has to be blocked! Each figure 8 is made all in one round, and then connected on the next two rounds. It's very different from any doily I have made or seen before.

This doily is called, I believe, "Park Avenue", and is a Patricia Kristofferson doily from Absolutely Gorgeous Doilies. This was the largest, by far, of the quartet, and took me the longest of any (saving the one I designed myself).

The third doily is called Petite Pineapple Doily. This was just a fun little doily to make. I really like the pattern, and recommend it to anyone for a fun, medium-sized simply lovely doily.

Labels: ,

posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 @ 11:06 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home