Google

Kaitlyn's "Big Sister Blanket"

While I was working on Broccoli's baby blanket, I thought about my 2 1/2-year-old daughter, Kaitlyn. I hadn't made her an afghan since her baby blanket that I started the day I found out I was pregnant with her. Well, except for the kid version of Keith's blanket.

Closeup of panel details -->

Not to toot my own horn, but I have gotten better at crocheting since that time (or at least better at/more adventurous in trying new patterns). Also, I wanted Kaitlyn to get something special when the baby was born and not feel too overshadowed by the new baby. So my husband helped me pick out a pattern for a special afghan that Kaitlyn could keep throughout her whole life.

The pattern is called "Ivy Cottage" and is from Afghans for All Seasons, Book 4. I used plain old Red Heart worsted weight in lavender and white with an I hook. It took six skeins of lavender and one of white.

Vine and Berry Panel closeup -->

I was skeptical of the edging on the panels, since it was basically just reverse single crochet, but it looked good when it was done. I think I would figure out another edging/joining if I was doing it again, though.

Labels: ,

posted by Kate on Thursday, September 13, 2007 @ 10:03 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawnee said...

Sounds like you're feeling better. That is just a beautiful blanket!! 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home