Google

Fleecy Little Lion

Fleecy Little Lion Fleecy Little Lion and Hat

So often I make "little" crocheted projects that I just don't get photographed or uploaded. I am making a more concerted effort to at least take the pictures (even if they don't all make it online!) of these different projects.

I like the way this turned out - it is a simple edged fleece blanket. I bought the blanket with the appliqué already on it, and when I was brainstorming a good project for an expectant mother at church, I thought of the cute little lion. The yarn is Caron Simply Soft, and the "pattern" is [a row of (sc, sp) around, then a row of sc around] twice, a row of (sc, ch5) around, and then about 8 dc in each space. The outcome reminds me of a lion's mane.

Then I used the rest of the yarn to make a little hat on my red Knifty Knitter, and then found some blue yarn to match the fleece and made a speckled pom pom for the top and a band woven just above the brim of the hat. As you can see, my daughter loved it - she wanted to keep it, and didn't want the lion covered up, even for the picture!

Labels:

posted by Kate on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 @ 3:45 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Adorable! Absolutely adorable! 7:32 PM  

Blogger Anna said...

that turned out so cute. I love that lion. (and you have no idea how many similar "little hands grabbing" sort of pictures I have too. LOL) 8:32 AM  

Blogger Anna said...

that turned out so cute. I love that lion. (and you have no idea how many similar "little hands grabbing" sort of pictures I have too. LOL) 8:32 AM  

Blogger Roberta said...

Great job - I sure liked the color combination that you used for your project. 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home