Google

Adorable Addie

I'm not the only one having a baby girl! A friend of mine from church is due within a week of me, and is also having a girl. In addition to some (totally non-girly; it's a hazard of paternal profession shared by my daughters) cute cuddly (store bought) clothes, I made her this baby blanket as a baby shower gift. (By the way, in case you can't tell, that's a stuffed kangaroo with joey sitting on it.)

If you know the friend - shh! The shower isn't until the second week of October, but by then I will have forgotten to ever post this!


The pattern is actually called "Shell" (descriptive? yes. original? not so much.), and is from Beary Sweet Baby Afghans (Leisure Arts leaftlet #2774). For people who like having a pattern to work from, it's an inexpensive little leaflet. But while I think the blanket is pretty and I like having the "built in" border, I think that you could probably figure out a similar pattern to fit your needs without the pattern pretty easily if you are comfortable with working "pattern free".

I used just shy of three balls (5 oz each) of Bernat Softee Baby in pink, and a size G hook. The pattern worked up fairly quickly, and was easy to work on without looking at the whole time, so I got to work on it while I took my daughter to the summer movie series. The blanket was a gift to me, as it helped me keep my sanity during Clifford, Sesame Street and multiple viewings of Charlotte's Web! Under other circumstances I might have appreciated the bit of extra warmth in the theater, but I'm a pregnant little oven and was quite warm enough.


Left, pattern and border detail. Right, full blanket.

Labels: ,

posted by Kate on Monday, October 01, 2007 @ 12:45 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the built-in border too! Such a nice and lacey blanket. Beautiful! 2:51 AM  

Blogger SB&C said...

Love the blanket!!!!
I'm finishing one of Terry kimbrough ones at present and I know how much work you've put in!

congratulations on the baby!
Cant wait to see her! 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home