Google

Love My Baby

I have been too busy crocheting (and cleaning and wrapping and mailing and working and...) to write about it!

Back at the beginning of December, my baby turned one. I made her a poncho/hat/scarf set as her "clothes" item from my husband and me for her birthday (we always do something to read, something to play with, and something to wear).

I started with a big ball of the Sensations pink tonal boucle yarn (JoAnn's brand) and made two rectangular panels that went through one round of the color variation (dark pink to white) in a simple crochet stitch, and then crocheted the two together with a slip stitch to make a poncho. This was my first poncho, and I got the length to width ratio a little off - her head hole was far too small!! I undid a few stitches on one seam, and it made a nice lapel and collar.

I still had a huge ball of yarn left, so I made a simple scarf. Each piece of the fringe had to be knotted, so as to not unravel. That was a bummer.

Then I made the hat. For the main body of the hat I held a strand of white Caron Simply Soft with the boucle. When I got to where I wanted the brim to be, I increased slightly with each row to flare it a little, and tripled over the boucle. I just picked a piece of the yarn about yard from where I was crocheting and pulled it up to the hook, crocheted with the tripled over yarn until it ran out, and the repeated until I got the brim the size I wanted.

She gets comments on the set whenever she wears it out (and she usually does - it's light enough for her to move and play in)!

Labels:

posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 @ 2:34 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

she is adorable! 10:40 PM  

Blogger elaine.triquetra said...

Great work. Isn't it wonderful to make things for your little one? I know I loved making crochet gifts this past christmas for my 3 yr old grandaughter and see her in them. Woo-hoo. She is so cute! 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home