Google

The Blue & White Pink & White Baby Set

Like I said, I'm not the only one having a baby right now. My high-school and college friend and her husband just had their first child, a sweet baby boy, and I made her a baby set (I'm loving them!).

The pattern is Pink & White Baby Set, a free, vintage (1955) pattern from Celtwich's Angelfire site. Clearly, I made the set in blue. I also decided that sacque, mittens and booties are fine, but bonnet makes it a little girly. So I made a little toboggan in the same pattern stitch. The problem is that I was clearly feeling optimistic about childbirth and made a hat that was too small for even Baby Becky's head. So while it's in the picture, it didn't make the present package.

I used about 3.5 ounces (2 balls) of blue and half a ball of white in Bernat Baby with a size E hook. The pattern calls for a ribbon tie around the neck, but I really prefer buttons, so I modified the pattern a touch. I think it turned out nicely!

It was hard to find a pattern that didn't look too "girly", even in blue, but I'm keeping this one on file for later!

Left: Baby Becky modeling the set Right: Closeup of the booties

Labels: ,

posted by Kate on Monday, October 01, 2007 @ 4:04 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator. 4:31 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator. 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home