Google

Christening Dress Pattern Test

I had mostly finished this christening dress that I was testing the pattern for (all but the blocking and the actual buttons), but actually sucked it up and finished completely to enter it in the fairs this year. The Chesterfield County Fair has already passed, and it took Third Place for children's apparel (crocheted). I didn't make a soaker (diaper cover) to go with the dress, or line it, so I'm not really suprized it took third; I mainly wanted to show off the hours and hours spent on the dress, to be honest!

The picture to the left shows the back, and the one to the right shows a closeup of the skirt detailing. My picture of the bodice didn't turn out very well, so you can't see so clearly that it is smocked, by use of alternating FPdc and BPdc. This also makes a dense fabric, added to the fact it is crocheted with a size 9 hook and size 10 thread ... my hand did cramp a bit, but the result is lovely, if I do say so. The bodice and sleeves are turned at the end of each row, instead of rounds, so the bits without smocking lay nice and flat.

This took about 1-1/2 skeins of DMC Baroque size 10 thread (clearly in white), plus 3 pearlized buttons. If you want to tell the designer how beautiful the design is, click here for her blog.

Labels: ,

posted by Anonymous on Saturday, September 23, 2006 @ 10:20 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's beautiful! 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home