Google

Lions and ... well, just lions. And just one. So, Lion

Have I ever mentioned that I am really, really good at coming up with projects to do? I am really, really good at figuring out how to make something. Once I've figured it out, and know it will work, I'm really, really bad at finishing. Grr.

Here is one of those things that I "almost" finished two years ago. I started a set of stuffed animals for my daughter's nursery, to match the animals on the border. I finished finished the bear, then finished-almost this lion, then finished finished the giraffe, and have half an elephant and a dream of a rhinoceros in a bag in the craft room.

What did I have to finish on the lion? The whiskers! I used chenille pipe cleaners, inserted into a knit I-cord. The entire lion was done with Caron Simply Soft and an H hook. The head and body is one piece, then 4 legs, 2 ears, a nose, and 9 or 10 pieces of the mane, plus a flat tail. The eyes are just embroidered on. I am really happy with the way it turned out, and so is my daughter (she wasn't quite as happy when I took it away, but that's a story for another blog...).

Here's hoping the VA State Fair judges like it as much as Kaitlyn!

Labels: ,

posted by Anonymous on Saturday, September 23, 2006 @ 11:24 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger dinolady110946 said...

Can I try your lion pattern? My school's mascot is the lion and I have been looking for a simple crochet pattern to make a lion for our secretary.

Carole Fitzgerald
Jack Yates High School
Houston, TX
http://hs.houstonisd.org/YatesHS/
http://www.carolesplace.org/ 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home