Google

Six Weird Things

I have been tagged by Anna or this meme. I will go ahead and tell you I am going to cheat. I don't think I know 6 people to tag when I'm done, so I'm going to make this post Six Weird Crafty/Crochet things about me, and then "tag" myself for my other blogs. If you want to volunteer to be tagged, leave me a message or shoot me an email, so that I can link to you :-)

THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Weird Thing #1 • I bite off my yarn and thread. I can't stop! This way, I can switch to a new color or whatnot so much quicker. I do use scissors after the ends have been woven in, clearly. I'm not actually a barbarian.

Weird Thing #2 • I don't organize my yarn - my husband does. He built me a set of bins and set up a crochet area for me, and he sorted out all of the yarn and supplies by type, color, and completeness (that is, he put all of the scrap balls in the tall bin).

Weird Thing #3 • I have an unnatural aversion to crocheting with the color yellow. I have crocheted a grand total of one thing with yellow yarn. I'm not sure why this is. I like yellow.

Weird Thing #4 • I am incredibly anal-retentive about blogging. That's why I made the Doily and Snowflake Blocking Guides. Yeah, and you thought it was because I'm nice. I also use about a hundred pins per large doily.

Weird Thing #5 • I have crocheted in the car. Who hasn't? But I've actually done it while driving. And I don't just mean while completely stopped at a light or train. I don't promote this; I'm just reporting the facts.

Weird Thing #6 • Before I learned how to crochet in college, my main creative outlet was making things out of duct tape. I haven't completely given it up, though crochet is the predominant craft!

Labels: ,

posted by Kate on Thursday, January 25, 2007 @ 12:00 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Kate...I find you to be a very interesting person. Duct tape?? Where would you get an idea like that? Well, I was a little scared when I first read that...but I went to the pictures and I must say that I am amazed. That really is...well...pretty? (not the right word.) Its a beautiful sort of funk. Maybe that describes it.
Anyway, thanks for playing. I enjoyed reading your "weirdness". 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home